[X-Newbies] Archive and compression utilities for 10.3.9

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Mon Apr 18 21:23:01 PDT 2005

Randy B.Singer <randy at macattorney.com> wrote:

> Jamie Kahn Genet said:
>
> >I'm having trouble finding reliable reviews for utilities I can replace
> >Stuffit Expander with (well, for everything but .sit files I guess). Any
> >tips?
>

> Why would you want to replace Stuffit Expander?  It works perfectly, and
> it is free.
>
> There is nothing that even approaches Stuffit Expander for the Macintosh.

Oh, where to begin... well, the most glaring flaw in Stuffit (and
there's no shortage to pick from) is it's inability to find multiple
files encoded in a text file. More often than not it finds and decodes
the first one leaving the rest behind. Stability is also a huge issue.
YMMV.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet