[X-Newbies] Re: iMac - audio input

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Apr 23 00:45:47 PDT 2005

> From: "kd00311 at yahoo.com" <kd00311 at yahoo.com>
> My aunt has an iMac G4 LCD.. The 1st release of the flat panels, I
> beieve.
>
> She has some old records she wants to burn to CD and she asked how she
> would do that. I had done this before with some cassette tapes with my
> G4  450dp and I said, simple.

1. Buy iMic. It includes a CD to install Final Vinyl. $35 from Griffin
or $40 from Apple Store.
2. Connect iMic to computer.
3. Connect RCA plugs from turntable to iMic. No pre-amp needed. Be sure
to ground the TT or you'll get hum.
4. Open Final Vinyl. Read the help file.
5. Start record playing. Click on "record."
6. When finished, drag the resulting AIFF files into iTunes, convert
them to MP3 and delete the AIFFs (saves a LOT of space), and burn CD of
converted album.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org