[X-Newbies] Problem driving me insane!!!

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 06:50:25 PDT 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 8:07 AM, Jane wrote:

> I do not mind but who knows, we might want to have SOME secrets from
> Dad!

What, somebody have a birthday coming up?

You mention Dad getting some of Mom's email, but it wasn't clear if the
messages are getting duplicated, or if Dad gets it, does Mom not?

Does Mom ever get one of Dad's emails?

Are they using POP or IMAP for checking mail, and do they have it set
up to delete mail from the server after its downloaded to their
computer (POP)?

Take a look at the headers (View->Message->Long Headers). They should
give you some indication of the path the email takes from sender to
receiver. If the emails are being "duplicated" (both Mom and Dad
getting copies) compare them and see if they're the same.

I know, lots of questions. I'm just hoping if I ask enough we might get
an idea of where things are going astray.

-Mike