[X-Newbies] Clean printer heads

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 11:58:45 PDT 2005

On Aug 1, 2005, at 11:39 AM, Lawrence Klinger wrote:

> Running OS 10.3.9, but after installing a new ink cartridge on my
> Epson
> 740i, I am unable to find the "tools" feature to get the printer to
> clean
> the heads so it will print properly.  I had to go back to OS 9 to
> get it
> done, but that's awkward.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to clean printer heads on
> Panther ?  Thanks for any help.    Zippy

You can easily clean the heads of Epson Color Stylus 740i with
Control Panel buttons on the printer, without going through the Mac
OS.  The procedure is detailed on Page 127-129 of the User Manual.
If you do not have the User Manual, it can be readily downloaded from
the Epson website:
<http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?
BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Doc&oid=14421&prodoid=9938>