[X-Newbies] QuarkXpress "end-of-file error —39"

CarWesG at aol.com CarWesG at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 20:48:14 PDT 2005

To the QuarkXpress users,

I just lost 12 hours of work on a Xpress document, that quit on me.   Tried
to open it on double-cliking or through the menu and I get the same error
message: "end-of-file error —39."

I went on the Xpress site, saw that I am not the only victim... tried the
solutions offered... and   none of them worked.

Anybody has an idea?   They suggest to have "auto save" on, in order to have
multiple versions saved but that can only be useful be for future work.   Any
known software that can repair this? Obviously I am going to reconstruct
everything tomorrow, unless you geniuses can come up with a solution...   But since
that's bound to happen again I want to be prepared...

Thanks,
Desperate Carole