[X-Newbies] sSafari issues...?

Steve St-Laurent st-laur at telus.net
Mon Aug 8 20:35:51 PDT 2005

I wrote:

> For that matter, I've reset Safari, cleared all caches, etc. and
> still have some sites appear on the autotype that I can't find
> anywhere. I l-o-v-e Safari's rendering, and its handling of the
> "title" attribute is sweet, but the caches issues sometimes drive
> me to distraction.

Scott answered:

> What are some of the sites? I'd bet they're in your bookmarks. If not
> bookmarks you saved, then the default bookmarks that ship w/ Safari,
> or bookmarks imported from IE.

Hmm, I found a few there but others seem to defy explanation.

On a related note, I've cleared out my user Library/Safari/Icons
folder but still can't get it load some favicons I've added to a
couple of sites. I know the favicon setup is OK because Firefox [Win
and Mac] had no trouble loading the new icons.

Any mysterious place they could be lurking?