[X-Newbies] Mb counter

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 19 07:40:41 PDT 2005

On 19/8/2005 3:08 PM, "Aldo Johnson" <deetya at cbn.net.id> wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting ADSL. The only affordable plan is a limited, 500mb/
> month plan. My question is, is there a way to count the Megabytes down- and
> uploaded? A software program?

My ISP (Bigpond) had a downloadable toolbar, but only for measuring
downloads, however when installing the cable, the techie told me about a
free internet launcher for bigpond called 'Launch' made by an ex-Bigpond
techie that includes uploads because lots of people wanted to measure
uploads as well. Works great.

Point is, your ISP should be your first starting point for asking about such
programs.

BTW, cable here proved to be considerably cheaper than phone based ADSL.
Check it out, if you haven't already, you may be able to afford unlimited
broadband afterall. Many people I know with limited plans tend to exceed
their limit and discover the extra charges can be more than getting an
unlimited plan in the first place. Besides once the cable is there for the
internet, getting cable TV was cheaper.