[X-Newbies] making macros

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 21 05:41:45 PDT 2005

         I want to do something simple, but I'm finding only
complicated ways to do it.

         Essentially I want something that works like macros in MS
office programs:  record a series of keystrokes, assign a hot key,
and have those keystrokes performed each time I hit the hot key.
Except that I want to do this in programs like Mail and Text Edit.

         Is this built into OS X somewhere or is there a program that
I can use to do this?

         TIA

                                                             Peter