[X-Newbies] Possible Trojan

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 07:30:16 PST 2005

Hi Rob:

>Did you happen to search for "phpbb" on Google? They had a block on
>those searches this week, due to a robot that was searching for phpbb
>sites to attack. In fact, as of this morning, the block is still in
>place.

Bullseye - give the man a pint!!!!   I did search for phpbb on Google,
but when I retried after blocking the IPs with Snitch I did different
searches which were of course OK.  I didn't make the connection with phpBB.

However I would still love to know where these requests in my first post
were coming from.  I've checked again and they aren't there (with or
without Snitch) so something odd may have been happening.  I'm not a
great lover of widgets but it has made me prune what few there are down
to the minimum.

Thanks for the help.

Chris