[X-Newbies] Re: WMA to MP3/AAC

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 10:33:25 PST 2005

On 17/12/05 Charles Martin wrote:

> Does anyone know of an app that will convert unprotected WMA files to
>> MP3/AAC?
>Do you mean OTHER than iTunes?

Didn't realise ITunes would do it.  I looked at it but there there is
nothing obvious - well to me after a bad day - that suggests it would
import them.  The Import (under file) does not ask for the format.  If
it will do it then problem solved.

The gig is that I want to record some lectures and offer them as
podcasts or MP3/AAC downloads.  The only (digital) recorder I have
stores sound files as WMA.  OK how about a simple editing programme -
something to remove the glitches and unguarded comments?  I don't have
Garage Band so don't know about that.

Chris