[X-Newbies] Re: WMA to MP3/AAC

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 00:06:41 PST 2005

On 17/12/05 Aaron Dickey wrote:

>I was under the impression that only the Windows version of iTunes will
>convert unprotected WMA files, and that even it will only do so if
>Windows Media Player is installed on the same machine.

I do have a PC, and I suppose I could install WMP on it.  The whole
point though was to avoid having to install it on the Mac.  :-)

I'm not sure, but it would untypical  of an MS product not to install
all sorts of crud which could lead to instabilities, quite apart from it
wanting to take over everything.

cheers,

Chris