[X-Newbies] Mail defaults [u]

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 18 01:24:10 PST 2005

On 18/12/2005 6:56 PM, "David Flory [c]" <daflory at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2005, at 11:43 PM, Scott wrote:
>
>>> The limitations of Apple's Mail program are getting to me and I
>>> want to move
>>> all my e-mail accounts over to Entourage.
>
> Just curious, what are your needs that are not able to be met with Mail?

Dave,
Where do I start?

How about the annoying habit of going 'off-line' after a very short time.

Then it seems to enjoy not wanting to use 'the specified server' and wanting
me to select another to send an e-mail.

Or, periodically, pop-up windows requiring the password for various accounts
inexplicably

The inbox window seems to be made of several tiles which tend to overlap
here and there when there are more than 250 messages in there

Most recent messages are not located together.

Full e-mail addresses are not immediately visible.

Can't easily categorise mail within a mailbox.

I have no problems remotely like any of these in Entourage, which indicates
it is the program at fault. I have 1500 messages in Entourage currently.
Mail seems to be fine for one or two e-mail addresses and small numbers of
messages, but deficient for heavy usage.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art