[X-Newbies] WMA to MP3/AAC

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Mon Dec 19 10:47:05 PST 2005

> Does anyone know of an app that will convert unprotected WMA files to
> MP3/AAC?  I would prefer one that doesn't require me to have WMA
> installed.
I've used one (free) some time ago, just look on Versiontracker
(sorry, I don't remember which)

> Also if anyone knows of a similar converter for DSS files - Digital
> Speech Standard as used in Olympus dictation machines, I would like to
> know of it.
You will have to use the Olympus converter. It is ugly, but it works.
You can download it straight from the Olympus website

Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.67GHz/1.5Gb RAM/120Gb HD/OS10.4.3
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.4.3/17" display
Cambridge UK