[X-Newbies] Re: The "Local String not Found" button???

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Dec 20 17:10:47 PST 2005

> From: Richard Ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net>
>
> Of late and from time to time I am seeing a button ( I
> think there called radio buttons) or two with the same
> common titling which reads ÒLocal String not FoundÓ -
> should I be upset and if so what should I be doing to
> correct the issue?

The only time I've ever seen this was when a client foolishly used
MonoLingual to try and erase the "other" languages on his hard drive,
forgetting the "English" and "US English" are considered two
different languages from a computer's point of view!

Have you run any programs that purport to erase the unused languages
in an effort to clear space? If so, you may have done some serious
system damage. A reinstall of the system (which, luckily, is not that
big a deal on the Mac) is the only cure.

Cheers
Chas