[X-Newbies] (no subject)

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Sun Dec 25 21:04:46 PST 2005

On Dec 25, 2005, at 4:04 PM, david_elmo wrote:

> I want to add an address to the address book in Mail without
> waiting for the addressed person to email me (then I know how to do
> it!).
>
> I go to the help files.  It says:
>
> "You can add addresses to Address Book when you send and receive
> mail, and when you view your messages and Previous Recipients
> list."   ... "Smart Address" ...

Smart addresses refer to the menu you can select from an address in
the various mail header fields. A smart address is indicated by the
address being hi-lited in blue as a menu or being turned into a blue
menu when you mouse over it. One of the options in the menu is to add
the address to your address book.

When you're composing a message to an address which Mail has never
seen before the smart aspect isn't there. I think the help is just
wrong about this.

Phil
--
"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this
great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and