[X-Newbies] Fruit Menu

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 01:01:15 PST 2005

Hi all,

I know that Haxies are frowned on but I have used Fruit Menu for some
time with no apparent problems.  However this was when I ran as Admin.

Now on my new G5 this being my main machine, I'm running as User for
security reasons.  This brings its own problems one of which is that I
cannot (as user) create aliases to anything in the Applications folder
which is owned by admin.  I can see this is for security but is there
any way round it without imperilling security?  All I want to do is put
an alias of my apps in the Apple Menu via Fruit Menu.

Needless to say if I log in as Admin I can do it all no problems.  I did
think that if I did it in the Admin account the User account would 'see'
it but apparently not.

cheers,

Chris