[X-Newbies] SATA Drives

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 11:09:53 PST 2005

On 31/12/05 Vincent Cayenne wrote:

>..........it might present an
>inconvenience - to run Seagate's utility to change the setting as the
>utility requires and presumes a Windows machine.

It would be a problem.  Although I have a PC, it uses EIDE drives so I
wouldn't be able to install the SATA drive without hassle.  Pity I
rather liked the look of the Seagate, not only was it cheap but they
have a reputation for being quiet.  Interestingly the model that is
going cheap is not listed on the Seagate website, although there are
similar model numbers.    Perhaps best avoided.  Ah well....

cheers,

Chris