[X-Newbies] Logitech diNovo Media Keyboard

Daniel Read danielread at hillcode.com.au
Wed Feb 2 13:03:41 PST 2005

On 02/02/2005, at 3:02 PM, Jon wrote:
> From what I've heard, most Logitech mice/kb will work with OS X out
> of the box. Of course, they have to be USB. And most Bluetooth devices
> will work with OS X Bluetooth. I have a Logitech wireless kb and mouse,
> they're not Bluetooth.
>
> The option and command key functions may be reversed, but
> Logitech has a cool control panel that gets installed in Sys Prefs, and
> that fixes the problem.
>
> Here's the link to the control panel:
> <<http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/mac/
> lccinstalldisk141.dmg>>
>
> (I'm typing this on a wireless Logitech kb. In addition to fixing the
> option/command keys, the control panel also automatically mapped the
> kb's muting and volume keys correctly, the mail key to mail.app, and
> other mappings I don't particularly used. Very nice!)
>
> Out of curiosity, I wonder why Bluetooth is a requirement? The one
> argument
> for a BT kb that I can think of is that you don't need a dongle
> rcvr/transmitter
> if the BT module is built-in, but I think plain wireless is cheaper
> and works
> as well with easier setup.
>
> Jon

Thanks for the answer Jon. I've forwarded it to my friend and I'm sure
he'll appreciate knowing there is a control panel from logitech that
will re-map the keyboard. I guess he'll have to weigh up the risk of
some media hub features not working as well as whether the added
expense of BT is worth it.

Daniel Read
Web Producer
Hillcode