[X-Newbies] color laser

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Feb 4 15:04:02 PST 2005

John Park said:

>wow! that's a great price.

>>>  Even better, you can currently get one for only
>>> $424 after rebate!
>>>
>>> Brother HL-2700CN

Since I am being quoted, I thought that I should offer a caveat.  While
the Brother HL-2700CN is a dynamite printer, and this is an unbelievable
price for it, it will never do photorealistic prints as well as a good
inkjet.  No color laser will.

Inkjets have higher resolution, brighter inks, and they can print to
glossy paper, all of which can give you output that is almost
indistinguishable from an actual photograph.

You will always be able to tell that the output from a color laser isn't
an actual photograph.

So, I recommend that you check out a test print from a Brother HL-2700CN
from a local Staples, Office Max, etc. and see if the output suits your
needs before you purchase one.

Please let us know what you think.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html