[X-Newbies] 10.3 and Lombard PBk

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 04:04:39 PST 2005

At 11:37 AM +0000 1/3/05, Chris Walker wrote:
>On 3/1/05 Vincent Cayenne wrote:
>
>  >Mac RAM

I meant "Max".

>  is 512 MB but installation is best with only 384 installed.
>
>Do you mean that it is impossible (or horrendously difficult) to install
>2 x 256Mb chips?  I thought the system would only address 384Mb in a
>Lombard rather than any physical limitations.

It'll address 512 MB of physical memory and the
memory is quite easily installed. But the
prevailing wisdom says that the Panther install
goes Kablooey when more than 384 is present
*during the install*. So install at 256 or 384,
then bump it back up to 512.
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]