[X-Newbies] The mysterious "Red Glove" icon

Larry zzippy at cox.net
Thu Jan 6 10:49:41 PST 2005

Using iMac G3 400 slotloader with 10.3.7, 512 RAM, 80 gig HD

I recently installed Panther, and then Cocktail right after that.
Yesterday, I noticed that the Red Glove icon started appearing briefly
on the dock when the machine was booting up, then would disappear.  The
icon looks like a red baseball glove with a little blue square next to
it.

I've never seen this icon before, and would like to know what it
represents. If anyone knows, would you please enlighten me?  Thank you.

Zippy