[X-Newbies] Re: OS 10.3.7 on CD?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jan 6 20:13:28 PST 2005

> From: "Sue Rodriguez" <Sue.Rodriguez at usm.edu>
>
> I have been following this discussion and I'm convinced that one should
> "repair permissions" before installing, but I have no idea how to do
> it.
> Where can I get information on how to do it?  Is it a major
> undertaking?  If
> so, I might just stick where I am at.

It's a trivial matter: from your hard drive, navigate to Applications
-> Utilities -> Disk Utility and run that. When the program is open,
select your hard drive from the list on the left side, click the
"Repair Permissions" button. Take about two-three minutes.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org