[X-Newbies] airtunes

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Tue Jan 11 12:26:49 PST 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 13:07, John Park wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 10.2.8 and was told by the apple guy at compUSA that I would
> need 10.3 in order to configure airtunes.
>
> Is this right?

Yes, which in itself is reason enough to upgrade

> Is this a trivial upgrade or more than trivial?

WAY beyond trivial. 10.3 offers more speed and many enhancements over
10.2

> What kind, if any, compatibility issues  with 10.3 regards to software
> such as now contact, final cut pro, word?

Basically, none

> Is there a list kept somewhere of such compatibility issues?

There are always those folks who based on their machine and software
configuration have issues with an upgrade. There are almost as many
sites/mailing lists that speak of these issues. However, those with
problems are a tiny slice of the total picture.