[X-Newbies] Dealing with Spam

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Sun Jul 3 11:48:37 PDT 2005

On Jul 3, 2005, at 13:04, Tony Johansen wrote:

> Is there such a thing as software or a script that can return
> suspicious
> e-mails to their point of origin that would make them look like they
> were
> undelivered?

Any kind of reply would contain _some_ information. Hence, the best
reply to spam is no reply at all. Read your ISP's FAQ; they already
have info on the subject, as well as their own server-side spam filter.

> Some of these people are very evil. I had one recently that tried to
> get my
> credit card details.

It's useful to make a distinction betweem "spam" (the electronic
equivalent of junk or bulk mail) and "phishing", which is what you
describe. See

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing>

<0x0192>