[X-Newbies] Email delivery problem with ntlworld

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Thu Jul 21 14:43:24 PDT 2005

On 21 Jul 2005, at 19:56, Keith MILLS wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is not really a Mac problem, but I do not know where to turn and
> any advice would be gratefully received.
>
> Over the last the last three months or so, I have not been able to
> reach customers and friends who have ntlworld email addresses (but
> with no other providers). I send the message - and after about five
> days it is bounced back to me with the could not be delivered message.
> I keep getting the following:
>
>> Action: failed
>> Diagnostic-Code: X-SMTP-Server; host
>> smtpin.ntlworld.com[81.103.221.10] said:
>>     452 Message rejected (in reply to end of DATA command)
>
> I know the  receiving mailboxes are active - I can get messages from
> them. Two different friends tell me that I am the only person having
> this problem.

We have actively used an ntlworld account for ~1year, but few months
ago we started receiving messages from friends/coworkers (using other
adresses) that they could not get their emails through. The emails were
coming from different ISP in Italy, thus I guess that the problem is in
ntlworld.
We solved the problem scrapping that account...

Silvo
Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.9
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.4.2/17" display
Cambridge UK