[X-Newbies] X-Newbies] Insignia C170 17-inch Flat Screen CRT Monitor (cross listed)

Jon Warms jwarms at mac.com
Fri Jul 29 13:00:17 PDT 2005

I purchased a 19 inch flat screen CRT monitor for $100
a year ago, and I've seen that price several times since.
I don't think a 17 inch CRT is worth $100 today.

After all, this is a CRT, not a flat panel, and a diagonal
measure of 17 inch includes the black surround screen.
The diagonal of the viewing area will be something like
15 inches. (Unlike the flat panel screens, where the
diagonal measure is all viewable screen.)

(NY-NJ prices)

Jon