[X-Newbies] Entourage and other probs after Panther upgrade

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Fri Jun 3 04:08:06 PDT 2005

click here:
<http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/pipermail/x-newbies/2005-June/
005216.html>

On Jun 3, 2005, at 2:44 AM, Tony Johansen wrote:

> Yesterday I posted a question called "missing files after Panther
> upgrade".
> Some one replied but the Entourage problem destroyed his reply so I
> can't
> refer to it nor ask for more info.
>
> Entourage first. It has become super sensitive to the delete key,
> also the
> space bar. Yesterdays reply asked me if I had "...." the data yet.
> I was in
> the process of replying with "Whazzat?" when my reply and his
> posted reply
> were both deleted together. I w2as trying to delete highlighted
> text and
> html for bottom posting (yeah, I listened in the great bottom
> posting debate
> Jamie) when I hit delete everything disappeared including his reply.
>
> It has happened to several messages overnight. Also hitting the
> space bar
> jumps me forward several messages. Oh, for an undo option in
> Entourage!
>
> Someone had suggested something to try that I am unfamiliar with.
> Anyone (or
> he,) know what he was talking about, and any other suggestions please.
>
> BTW. My original question had been about 3 missing files (backups
> for stuff
> on the web) I still can't find those files. I have been able to
> recover a
> substantial portion via backups of the backup, but would still like
> to know
> is it feasible to recover files from the websites without
> disturbing the
> operation of those sites.
>
> Can't just use installer disc as was suggested as since putting on
> Open
> Firmware password have been unable to boot from other discs such as
> Disc
> Utility.
>
> Thanx,Tony
>
> _____

They're probably not lost, just the finder lost track of where the
Aliases point to.

1. Try running disk utility from the installer CD and let it check
the drive.
2. Do a search for the missing file or folder names (Cmd-F) and see
where it takes you.

As for Entourage have you compacted the databases yet?
Hold Option key on launch to bring up the dialog box.

John