[X-Newbies] Permissions that don ¹ t want to repair!

Gen Hadlow Mac Impact Dbn ghadlow at iafrica.com
Tue Jun 7 08:41:07 PDT 2005

Computer: G5 1.8Ghz single processor
System 10.3.9

I just cannot repair the disk permissions on this mac. Each time I run the
repair permissions it finds the same fault. Says that it it repaired - yet
when I run it again, it finds the exact fault again - even though it says
that its fixed - it is not. (Tried at least 12 times to repair)

This is the exact text:

Repairing permissions for ³Adie's Mac²
Determining correct file permissions.
We are using special permissions for the file or directory
./Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays.  New permissions are 16893
We are using special permissions for the file or directory
./Library/ColorSync/Profiles.  New permissions are 16893
We are using special permissions for the file or directory
./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util.  New permissions are
33261
We are using a special uid for the file or directory ./private/var/at/jobs.
New uid is 1
We are using a special uid for the file or directory ./private/var/at/spool.
New uid is 1
The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

Permissions repair complete

What I tried to do to get past the fault:
Run the repair disk permissions from the start up disk as well as from
Utilities.
Run the fsck-fy
Run Mac Janitor
Run Yasu

Tried to start up with my Disk Warrior CD but it would not boot
Also tried to start up with the Norton Utilities CD but that would not boot
either.

As a last resort have done an Archive and install but alas, the problems
still exist and just will not repair.

Is there anything else I could try besides a total reformat?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Gen