[X-Newbies] Anti-Virus

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 12 00:30:21 PDT 2005

On Jun 12, 2005, at 1:33 AM, Tony Johansen wrote:

> I felt despite the relative security of the Mac, the Norton had
> Quarantined
> about a dozen suspicious downloads over the year, enabling immediate
> disposal, so had some value. I would appreciate listening to the
> experience
> of others.

If you're working in an office with PCs, there might be some value in
knowing what's a virus so that you don't accidentally spread it. And
if you exchange Word documents frequently via email, you might want
to check for macro viruses. If you're a home user, and you don't
email MS Office documents, then a virus scanner is probably a waste
of time and money.

SR