[X-Newbies] Corrupted User Prefs

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Jun 14 18:52:07 PDT 2005

Tony Johansen said:

>There is no .plist file in Users/tonyjohansen/Library/preferences  which is
>the account with the problem launching ToonBoomStudioExpress.
>
>However in the account where the same copy of the software works fine the
>preference file is easily found:  com.toonboomstudio2.5express.plist
>
>Is the lack of preference file in the problem account likely to be the cause
>of the crashing?

No.  A new preference file should be automatically created on launch.
The lack of a preferences file shouldn't keep the program from launching.

>Or is it that a file has yet to be created because the
>program fails to launch?

It is more likely that no preference file has been created.

>Either way is there a fix possible?

Undoubtedly, as you have proven yourself by showing that the program can
run just fine on your machine in a new user account.

>And is it likely to be an ongoing
>problem or specific to this software only?

It will be an ongoing problem specific to this software only until you
track down the problem.  It seems likely at this point that the
application is conflicting with software installed in your main user
account.

>BTW I downloaded and ran Preferential Treatment and it gave the files a
>thumbs up. The only flagged file (a symantec one) simply required my admin
>password.

Apparently the problem has nothing to do with the program's preferences.

You may want to contact the program's developers at this point and ask if
the program is known to conflict with any third party software that you
might have installed.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html