[X-Newbies] Corrupted User Prefs

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Jun 15 11:41:55 PDT 2005

On Jun 15, 2005, at 12:20 PM, Alex wrote:

> That's a possibility, of course, but it wouldn't my first suspect.
> For several reasons. For instance, I'd expect to see issues with
> other apps too, if that were the case.

That's true.

> But it's easy enough to check. Get Info in Finder or ls -l ~/
> Library in Terminal.

Or for the CLI averse (or if you don't understand those R's, W's and
X's) just select your Library or Preferences folder, select File->Get
Info, and under Ownership & Permissions it should say : You can Read
and Write.

If you hold down the option-button and hit command-I, you can then
click around on the different folders and have the info window change
to show you the data on the different folders you click on.

-Mike