[X-Newbies] EMI CDs and iTunes.

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Wed Jun 29 21:56:04 PDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 23:51, Brian Durant wrote:

> Are there any graphic front ends
> that work well with cdrao and cdparanoia on OS X?

I don't know of any for cdparanoia; there are one or two for cdrdao:

<http://www.angelfire.com/mac/rnc/MissingCDRDAOgui.sit>
<http://www.projectomega.org/subcat.php?lg=en&php=products_firestarter>

I haven't used them, though. I wrote my own scripts. You can use Josh
Guffin's scripts as models for your own, or you can use AppleScript.

<http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~guffin/unix/cdrdao.html>

> If my CD keeps
> endlessly seeking the CD ad nauseum, how would I get the Finder to
> stop seeking and then get cdrao and/or cdparanoia to jump in?

You do what you need to do anyway, dismount the CD to give the CLI
tools exclusive access to it. For instance, if you have, as I do,
several CD drives, first you need to get the id of one you intend to
use

% drutil list

then you get the identifier of the audio CD

% drutil status -drive <id>

then you unmount it

% diskutil unmount <identifier>

and then start cdparanoia

% [path]cdparanoia -d 1 -vBa -z=10 "1-" <outfolder>

If all this doesn't make much sense, you could try this tutorial

<http://www.osxfaq.com/Tutorials/LearningCenter/UnixTutorials/
LoseTheMouse/>

<0x0192>