[X-Newbies] Pre newbie curiosity.

Michele Forrester macuzr at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 14 07:32:50 PST 2005

On 3/14/05 Brian Durant wrote:
>Yeah, adding dodads were sometimes also problems with OS 7, 8, 9. I
>think where I would be most tempted to go, which is unfortunately
>potentially the most dangerous. I want to get some of those Open
>Source *nix apps like Abi Word, OpenOffice.org, the GIMP, Virex (not
>if Open Source, but runs on the command line), etc. How problematic is
>that?

I just wanted to clarify...it was the doodads that caused my
problems...I didn't like this scroll program, that one didn't work
for me, etc. but to remove them I had to restart...that is why I was
having problems! I don't get into that other stuff...I am not that
much of a power user...I am a FUN user! LOL! I like colorful pages,
etc. I tried ShapeShifter to use different themes and that made my
fans come on and the CPU run MUCH hotter. Since I have removed them
(and again, restarted!) things are very quiet and much cooler! I miss
being able to have colors here and there but maybe eventually there
will be other "themes" from Apple when they get done messing.

Michele