[X-Newbies] Headset & Microphone

Jon Warms jwarms at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 17:44:50 PST 2005

On Mar 26, 2005, verduron <verduron at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just came out of Staples, not finding a headset and microphone which
> would work with Macs.
> I checked the Logitech website and I cannot really tell if what they
> sell would work with Macs.
> I want to chat with my friends in Europe using Skype.
> Any recommendations?
> TIA.

On my PowerBook I use the built-in microphone. On my G5, I use
an inexpensive microphone (with a 1/8 inch plug) from CompUSA
plugged into a Griffin iMic.

For a headset, I use the headset with the white muffs
I got when I flew Virgin across the Atlantic. The headset and
either mic work fine for Skype, and even if I use them off-Skype
I usually get told how great the sound quality is.

The headsets work great for iTunes as well. (Maybe not hi-fi,
but - hey, consider the cost.)

Jon