[X-Newbies] G4) OS X (10.3.9) ...the bouncing Safari icon (Cross Posting)

Richard ramsowr r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 3 21:30:41 PDT 2005

Hi All

At long last I was able to download 10.3.9 ...but was
unable to use Safari after the download and reboot
...all I was able to get was a bouncing Safari icon on
my dock. I corrected by rebooting Safari (1.2)

The first time I tried to download 10.3.9, the new
Safari booted and then locked up when i tried to open
my link to my DSL service (SBC Yahoo)

Currently my Mac showing that I'm  running OS X
(10.3.9), Safari 1.2. and Jave 1.4.2

Before downloading I performed a reviewed and repaired
my preferences and all was fine. Also checked on Jave
as directed by Apple using the "Terminal"  method and
Jave checked out OK.

Because I plan to remain on "Panther" for a while
longer (well into next year) i would love to use the
"new" safari which i'm told comes with 10.3.9

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD A BOUNCING SAFARI  ICON ISSUE
AND WHAT WAS YOUR SOLUTION AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT
WAS THE PROBLEM THAT CAUSED THE BOUNCING SAFARI ICON?

My rig is a Power PC G4 "QuickSilver" 733 MHz with
1.5MB of Ram (Maxed.
)
Looking forward to some good feedback folks and a big
thanks in advance!

Rich