[X-Newbies] Re: Tiger's Smart Folders

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Sat May 14 16:17:35 PDT 2005

Charles Martin wrote:
> Child's play -- but if you're running Tiger, you must already know
> this by now, surely? Smart folders (Spotlight) is only available in
> Tiger.

Trouble is, some of us aren't children :).

I looked into Automator and Smart Folders last night and pretty much
gave up. Thanks for the explanation though, Charles. Sounds like I
would need to use AppleScript to automatically create a Smart Folder
of the previous day's files every morning when the cpu awakes. Either
that or manually create Smart Folders for each day of the previous week.

Running up against scripting, expressions and such is like hitting a
brick wall for me. Mac OS Hints has been great recently with their
Tiger info. Thank you very much, Rob M.

Carter