[X-Newbies] Enough room to install Tiger?

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu May 26 18:25:41 PDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 3:01 PM, Mark Taintor wrote:

> I have a G4/533 with a 40 gig hard drive. I currently have almost 6 gb
> space available on the hard drive. Do I have enough space to safely
> install Tiger?

Not sure about Tiger, but with Panther and earlier versions, it is best
to plan 2 or 3 GB for the OS plus 1 ore 2 more GB for elbow room.  So
if you edge into the last 10 or 15 percent of capacity, you are on the
edge of disaster.  I would not do it if I had critical stuff on the
drive that is not backed up and that I cannot afford to lose.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.