[X-Newbies] Re: Why Mac Owners Don't Invest (was: Help! Total HD Meltdown!)

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Sun May 29 04:32:04 PDT 2005

On May 29, 2005, at 01:36, Charles Martin wrote:

> but any Mac owner should know right off the bat that 1-800 numbers and
> mail order (along with cool sites like dealmac.com and lists like this
> one) are going to be his or her best friend over the years.

It seems to me our American friends sometimes forget to consider that
things don't always work in the rest of the world as they do in the US.

The OP came from an address in Indonesia. I don't know what the Mac
situation is in Indonesia, but, from my experience, outside the "first
world", and especially outside North America, with a few exceptions,
Macs represent an even smaller segment of the market. Mac dealers are
few and far between; moreover, although, on average, people earn less
(sometimes a great deal less), computing equipment in general is more
expensive.

Ordering computer equipment from abroad is not always a realistic
option -- adding shipping costs and customs duties can sometimes
effectively double the expense. Even when it is, a lot of people in
those countries do not have credit cards; and, even when they do, many
online retailers do not accept credit card payments from certain
countries, because of the high level of credit card fraud there.

So, all-in-all, have little more patience with Mac users who happen to
live in less privileged areas.

<0x0192>