[X-Newbies] avi to DVD

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 2 18:49:25 PST 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 7:45 PM, Charles Howse wrote:

>> I have an avi file I'd like to burn to DVD so that it can be
>> watched on
>> TV. Never having burned a DVD before I'm at a loss, while Help Viewer
>> keeps crashing. Would someone please walk me through this, including
>> what I need to convert the avi to a DVD format? Thanks, Stephen
>
> I use ffmpegX - http://homepage.mac.com/major4/
> It's nagware, but fully functional with no time limitation.

And its awesomely complex for a newbie

I'd start out with trying to drop the AVI onto the iMovie clip board.
If that works, then use iMovie and iDVD to make your movie.
It should work if you're able to play the AVI in quicktime.  You
might have to download a DivX plug in or use FFmpegX or some other
converter to get to the AVI, depending on what format the AVI is in.

SR