[X-Newbies] Re: avi to DVD

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 23:59:47 PST 2005

> From: Stephen Foster <foster at pop.ca.inter.net>
>
> I have an avi file I'd like to burn to DVD so that it can be
> watched on
> TV. Never having burned a DVD before I'm at a loss, while Help Viewer
> keeps crashing. Would someone please walk me through this, including
> what I need to convert the avi to a DVD format? Thanks, Stephen

Without Toast 7:

Use ffmpegX to convert the AVI to a DVD image. This will take a while
-- a long while.
The DVD image can be burned using Disk Utility.

(disclaimer: I've not personally tried this and so don't know for
sure that it will work.)

With Toast 7:
1. Drop AVI into Toast's DVD window.
2. Wait for conversion (another long wait)
3. DVD burns.