[X-Newbies] Re: Can Mac Mini use external USB modem?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Nov 7 22:58:51 PST 2005

> From: Aldo Johnson <deetya at cbn.net.id>
>
> I bought a Mac Mini, but forgot to order the optional internal modem.
> Can I use an external USB modem, originally for Windows, on the Mac
> Mini?

I'm sure there are USB modems out there that work with the Mac,
because Apple itself now makes one (a TINY thing, too!) for the iMac
G5, which does not offer an internal telephone modem.

Regrettably, Apple's USB modem is ONLY available for the iMac at this
point, and it's $49 even if you could buy it separately. Google "USB
modem Mac" and you're likely to find something.

OR ... you COULD take this as a sign from above that you're destined
for broadband! :)

_Chas_

"To use the Mac is to be confronted, over and over, with the idea
that the most mundane task can be done artfully and compassionately,
beautifully and invitingly. " -- Glenn McDonald