[X-Newbies] Re: Backing-up a Mac Mini

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Thu Nov 17 06:53:28 PST 2005

At 2:46 AM -0500 11/17/05, Charles Martin wrote:
>>From: Vincent Cayenne <vcayenne at mac.com>
>>I have. I did once more. It still doesn't (yet).
>>
>>Section 12 of the manual outlines how to automatic the backup using
>>AppleScript (sample script provided) and the UNIX cron facility built
>>into OS X. They suggest CronniX for those who need a GUI on cron.
>>They note that they will be adding the capability for scheduled
>>backup to the program in the next major version.
>
>A hint to Vincent: Automator.

I thought my post was clear. I merely noted that the program offers
no built-in facility to automate the process. I quite understand the
developer's focus on core functionality and the product is excellent
at what it does. And they will add the facility (as I noted) in the
next major release, which implies that they see this as a desirable
feature.

In much the same way that the developer offers sample AppleScript
scripts, perhaps, Charles, you could make a sample Automator action
available to those who'd like to try SD? I continue to have success
with CCC and rsync.
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]