[X-Newbies] Mind Mapping

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 8 11:22:56 PDT 2005

On 9/10/2005 12:16 AM, "Chris Walker" <chris at mymac.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 9/10/05 Tony Johansen wrote:
>
>> Is anyone aware of any serious mindmapping software to work on Mac OS X ?
> Like Kirk I have used Inspiration for some years with great success.
> However I have recently been playing with NovaMind which is a 'true' Mind
> Mapping program.  Currently Mac only although a Windows version is
> apparently in preparation.  I find it good at what it does, YMMV.  I
> think version 3 will be out in a couple of weeks but you should qualify
> for a free upgrade.

It's out now

> Trial version at:  http://www.nova-mind.com
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

Thank you guys, from various people I have had several suggestions,
including Tinderbox. Looks like I will go with NovaMind, not only is it more
what I was seeking, it has better tutorials, loads of downloads (up to 120MB
images free) and can do everything Inspiration does plus more without the
annoying 'dumbed down for kids' delivery.
But best of all NM is significantly cheaper than the others (in local terms
$110 vs $124 and $165+)

FYI I found an excellent review and comparison at:

http://www.maccompanion.com/archives/december2004/software/NovaMind2.html

Thanks,
Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com