[X-Newbies] Using airport card with linksys router?

Thomas McDermott Jr tjm at pobox.com
Sun Oct 23 20:37:23 PDT 2005

Good evening,
	Have been trying to figure out this issue and haven't been able to
find a solution.  My 12" powerbook has an airport extreme card
installed and I use it on my aiport network at home without any
security or other issues.  When I take my computer to my folk's house
and try and get on their linksys WRT54G router I am denied any and
all access.  I have tried wep encryption and wap encryption (I am the
one who set their network up) but I still can't figure out why my
powerbook can't log on and find the proper security
"key".  Eventually, I just had it login only by mac address and that
works..but its not going to help with the other users of the
network.  Is there a way to log on properly and that it accepts my
attempts at security?

Thanks

Tom