[X-Newbies] Moving Netscape mail files via Firewire

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 25 14:46:52 PDT 2005

On Oct 25, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Steven Rogers wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2005, at 3:45 PM, J wrote:
>>
>> I think we are talking about two different things -- one is
>> getting the HD to mount so she can EXCHANGE files, and then, how
>> to bring her old email files into her new email program which
>> requires 'importation' of the file(s). One has nothing to do with
>> the other.
>>

> Right - I thought it was pretty clear that those are separate things.

Well I didn't get that impression when you said "I'm not sure you
have to export first, so long as the remote files are mounted via
firewire."

Because exporting to fit the program is one issue, and using TDM via
firewire is yet another issue, and one has nothing to do with the
other actually..

> DOH!  That's right. I couldn't find anything on Netscape 7 mail
> import. I'm pretty sure it has that capability though.

There are email addresses and old mail to consider. In the old
Netscape with the address book open, look for "Export" address book
file. Then to get that into the new, look for "Import" and navigate
to and choose that file (once you have transferred it). Some data
might need adjusting but at least she will have the addresses.

As for old mail that is saved I am not sure how that would be done.