[X-Newbies] Re: X-Newbies Digest, Vol 14, Issue 10

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Wed Oct 26 18:50:57 PDT 2005

Guru Charles, et All Noob-X listas
G'day, and somewhat dated on this get back...

On Oct 19, 2005, at 03:43 AM,
x-newbies-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:39:27 -0400
> From: Charles Martin
> Subject: [X-Newbies] Re: bookmarks/mail importing?
> To: x-newbies at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
snip
> Sorry Bill, I couldn't make heads nor tails of your post. A
> combination of unclear writing and bad formatting made it impossible
> for me to read beyond the second sentence. Might you want to try
> again, using TEXT this time?
I'm sorry for the unclarity of my queries, and also for not sending a
Test oNly to the List(or anywhere else for that matter) and will try
to be more careful from now on, but this does lead me into another
questionable area in the Mail.app's preferences settings that until
now(that it was mentioned/Thanx) and that is; I've tried to set it
so that oNly Text mail is being sent as it's Default, but it appears
that is not a possible across the board for all mails, and must be
chosen specifically on each mail going out, hence often a forgotten
to do item before clicking on Send. Would/could you possibly be so
kind as to explain how this can be accomplished, Please?

> I'll try my hand on the one question I think I sort of understood:
> you have a saved bookmarks file from Safari (which would be called
> "bookmarks.plist") and you want your new copy of Safari to "see" it.
>
> If I understand the problem correctly, here's one solution:
> 1. Open Safari.
> 2. Go to File -> Import Bookmarks
> 3. Point to your old "bookmarks.plist" file.
> 4. You will now have a folder in your bookmarks called "imported
> bookmarks." Rearrange as makes you happy.
>

> Thanx for the Safari info, I wasn't aware of a bookmarks.plist
at all, but at that time those were not my previous wished to use
(incorporate) ones, and I'd had only my OS9 bookmarks that were as
.html and a .txt file with no way other than that weird(convoluted)
way that I'd come upon on a page somewheres that never seemed to
get the job done so I'd have all my ol' bookmarks handy.

And so it went until, I came across a way to add the DeBug Menu
into Safari's Menu Bar and wa-la~ there the needed Import Menu
function was in all it's beauty to use, so I did and now all is
well with my Bookmarks and Safari(and all my other browsers) ,or so
it seems 'cept for my outlined above problem with my Apple Mail
(version 1.3.11) of the Mail preferance's settings for my wish of
sending Text mail oNly and Not needing to choose it for each and
every piece of mail I wish to send.

fwiw- I never had such a problem with Eudora, Netscape, Netscape
Communicator, nor Claris EMailer all used on OS9, and earlier,
also I've not been yet able to say with any degree of comfort
that moving up to OSX is/has been easy, painless or pleasurable,
but I'm an ol' fart who began from OS7.52 and worked my way up
with each and every OS version since then.

Do Please help, advise, suggest, all/any help will be appreciated
and very welcomed. TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
cornettATgolDOTcom