[X-Newbies] how do you transfer mail from 10.3 to 10.4 (Mail 2.0)

Aldo Johnson deetya at cbn.net.id
Tue Sep 13 18:12:51 PDT 2005

I bought a new Mac recently. I've got my old mailboxes in my backup
HD. All the inbox.mbox and stuff files from my mail accounts.

Now, how do I incorporate these files into Mail 2.0? I tried dragging
an mbox file to the Mail icon, all I got was a new e-mail with the
mbox file attached. I tried double clicking, and it opens as a
TextEdit file.

Is there a way to incorporate my old e-mails into Mail 2.0?

I have the standard Mac Mini 1.42Ghz with 10.4

Thanks in advance

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog,
it's too dark to read
--Groucho Marx