[X-Newbies] exe file won't exe

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 25 13:50:26 PDT 2005

At 16:38 -0400 25/9/05, Peter Saint James wrote:
>         I downloaded a supposedly self-executing, software update
>file (an .exe file) but it won't execute.  I get a box that says
>there is no app to open it with.  I did a "get info" on it and the
>info box claims it's a document rather than a program.  Does this
>mean it's a corrupted file and I have to download it again or is
>there some other trick I'm missing?
>
>           TIA
>
>                                                 Peter

Peter,

Mac OS doesn't execute .exe files.

These are normally for Windows based Operating Systems.

Which software is this meant to update? If it is something that is
available for Mac and PC then I suspect you have received the PC
update.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

ON WORLD POLITICS
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock.