[X-Newbies] Re: Iomega Zip Drive.

david_elmo david_elmo at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 16 19:20:54 PDT 2006

> From: Chris <chris at mymac.demon.co.uk>
>

>  I have just
> updated to 10.4.6 and I cannot get any external disk (firewire or USB)
> to appear on the desktop.  Apparently it is a known problem with the
> 10.4.6 update.
>
> If anyone knows of a solution for this I would be glad to hear it,
> before I do an archive/install and go back to 10.4.5.  OK I know I
> should have backed up beforehand, but it's the first time I have
> had any
> problems with updates.

I do not have this problem, so it must be something more complex than
just the update... my FW external mounts fine. I just did it to check
on reading your post because I don't think I have fired up the FW
since updating to .6. Both partitions on it came up on the desktop
soon as the spin up was complete.