[X-Newbies] Buying Macs

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Apr 26 12:32:40 PDT 2006

Steven Rogers said:

>After all that, I think it's still worth saying that it can pay to
>shop around. Go to Mac Connection, Mac Mall, Mac Warehouse, etc. and
>a few other reputable vendors and load up your shopping cart (and get
>the shipping) and price compare. Then you can see who has the real
>deal. The savings are usually in upgrade, accessory, and shipping
>prices. If you compare system against system, they're all about the
>same. If you're buying a system, monitor, etc and getting into the
>thousands of dollars, just saving state sales tax can make a
>significant difference.

That is good advice, except the places that you mentioned are not where I
would check.  Especially not MacMall, which, if you do a Web search, you
will find that they often screw over customers.

The best places, IMNSHO, are:

www.powermax.com

www.smalldog.com

Both also carry a selection of refurbished Macs.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html